|Guess you know now which I chose??|
First off I went to Amherst to get the car aligned and was informed that a tie-rod end would need to be replaced. So... the appointment was rescheduled to the 16th. With a morning to myself I decided to go shopping. I needed some personal care items for the trip and wanted to get a couple of light moisture wicking t-shirts. For the first time in months I set foot in Wal-Mart and was quickly reminded why I hate shopping!
With sun-screen and other non-essentials (as per our current weather) purchased I returned to Sackville and stopped to visit a few colleagues and was invited no less then three times to travel with them to Moncton to the meeting. At the first invitation I decided not to go. The two subsequent invitations confirmed it for me and I began to think: If not Presbytery what would you do? Hmmm. Bake banana bread!
Why make just one? I doubled the recipe! Flour, sugar, bananas... sugar... off to the store... eggs, baking soda and baking powder, all mixed together into a gooey mess! Into the oven it goes and the aroma was awesome!
Banana bread vs. Presbytery Meeting
- Banana Bread: Left over fruit is utilized.
- Presbytery Meeting: Past decisions get revisited.
- Banana Bread: Good aroma fills the house.
- Presbytery Meeting: Tense energy fills the room.
- Banana Bread: A feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
- Presbytery Meeting: More demands placed on already overworked volunteers.
- Banana Bread: Tasty sweet bread. One for now and one for later!